Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Changing your "diet" :: eating in moderation and cutting out "excess"

Going from eating "indulgent" foods to eating much healthier is REALLY hard. Let me just put that out here first and foremost. I'm the type of person that loves snacking, fried foods, junk food (chips, cookies, you name it) and especially DESSERT. I'm not a candy fiend, but i'll sneak in the occasional bite sized chocolate here and there, maybe even a truffle, since those are my favorite. In order to shave off this dead weight though, I had to cut down MAJORLY. At least for the first month. As most of you may already know, the first month is the hardest. It starts getting easier after that, I promise.

With a previous post, I mentioned some of the foods I try to include in my "diet" and eat things that are portioned properly for a person my size. That basically all means that I have to eat enough to feel full, but not overstuffed, in a food coma, wanna take a nap kinda full -- which is what I tend to do ... a lot. I'm not gonna lie, I packed on A LOT of holiday weight. Thanksgiving, man. It just gets ya. *smh* I'm determined to shave all that off, in addition to anything else i've gained the past 2 years. Ya'll know how it is when you're in a relationship. It's all that so-called "happy" weight, lol.

Anyway! This is what my daily food intake PLANS on looking like these days ...

Breakfast
1/2 cup of oatmeal - cooked, with brown sugar sprinkled on top
OR
2 whole wheat waffles/bread with 1 tbsp natural peanut butter or Nutella

paired with milk, Green/Wu-Long Tea or Coffee and maybe half a grapefruit or some kind of fruit

Lunch
1 cup mixed greens with vinaigrette dressing
(tossed with other veggies like carrots, broccoli, green beans or tomatoes and tuna or chicken)
OR
oven-roasted turkey sandwich w/ dijon mustard, greens and tomato on whole wheat bread
OR
steamed veggies over brown rice


Dinner
1 can of chunk light or albacore tuna mixed with 1 tbsp olive oil mayo, lemon pepper, tomatoes and garlic powder, together with 1-2 slices of whole wheat bread
OR
steamed veggies over brown rice
OR
baked fish with brown rice and veggies
OR
grilled marinated chicken with brown rice and veggies
OR
whole wheat pasta tossed with veggies and sauteed in olive oil and garlic with fresh herbs


Snacks (in between meals)
  • Apples and natural peanut butter or nutella
  • tuna (made like above) with whole wheat Ritz crackers or Triscuits
  • reduced fat string cheese
  • waffle with 1/2 tbsp honey
  • Fruit cup (peaches, pears or mandarin oranges)
  • Hershey Kisses (my "chocolate" alternative at the moment)

Every now and then i'll probably do something a little different, but that's what the first week is looking like so far. I know it probably sounds terrible, but it's honestly not that bad. It all gives me energy and keeps me going throughout the day, as well as keeping me full so it keeps me from picking at food or snacks here and there.

Once I get used to eating healthier, I'm gonna incorporate more things into my diet that are packed with flavor but are still healthy. For now, i'm getting my body used to not eating so "heavy" anymore -- which is the hardest part.



Stay Thick!
xoxo, ThickChick

0 comments:

Post a Comment