Tuesday, May 8, 2012

BODY PROGRESSION: 2 weeks ago, now and my goals

Well dannnnng, it's been a koo minute, huh?!

I apologize for the delay in blog posting, I just saw that my last post was in March?!?! Holy moly. My apologies ladies. Just haven't had the time to seriously sit down and write, you know? I've been super caught up in life, so that's my bad.

Anyway! I've been posting on Instagram about my progress and have gotten a ton of responses back and a bunch of questions. My next post will be about my workout regimen, diet plan, etc etc. But honestly, i'm not doing that much AT ALL, i promise. I promise it's nothing strenuous, haha. It's literally just CONSISTENCY.

That being said, I just wanted to share my progression since I started working out back in January! I've lost about 20 or so lbs so far, give or take a few depending on my cheat days! ;) haha.

This was me in December/January:


I don't know how much you guys can really see because i'm wearing black, but i'm pretty damn thiiiick. I still had some shape to me, but i was gettin' dough-like if you know what i'm sayin! lol ... Holidays do that to you, never fails. HAHA. So this was me on Christmas/New Years. I made that New Years resolution just like everyone else to get back on my grind and "lose weight," but i knew i was being unrealistic.

As you can tell from the picture, my face is very ... puffy. haha. At 27, i've grown to be very clear on what my body is like. I've been as small as a size 4, averaging at a size 8 the majority of my life as a Teenager and Young Adult. Once i hit double digits, i got a little worried. Truthfully, my happy weight is like a size 8. I'm even happy at a 10/11. For me, it's not about numbers, it's about how i feel. Knowing i could even fit in a 4 still boggles my mind, but i mean, what are the odds of my 16-year-old body coming back, right?! haha. Freshman 15 started it all! It's all your fault, Freshman 15!! ;) Anyway, i hit a size 10 .. then a 12 and even a 13 -- not okay for me. I was just lookin real plushy and i wasn't feelin it anymore. I was really tired all the time, hella lazy, always eating like a pig, no remorse. I never worked out anymore, i laid around a lot, etc. It was killing me how inactive i was. 

First week of January, the first thing i did was get myself a gym membership! I always had one, but never used it, so in October i cancelled it -- should have just kept that shit, lol. If you can tell from my past blogs, i worked out at least 4-5x a week, mostly cardio. My goal at the time was to just literally shed the fluffiness off and gain my energy back before i did anything else. I mostly did at least 30 min of cardio a day, a short leg circuit and basic crunches. Within the first month, i already lost about 8 lbs. Diet-wise, i cut out a lotta the bad stuff and replaced it with good stuff. You can see from a past blog post what my "diet" was like. I didn't go hardcore like some people do, i started myself off slow. Ate brown rice instead of white, chose wheat over white, etc. Things like that. Those little things made a HUGE difference, believe it or not. Like I said, i was trying to be realistic with myself -- I know i love food and the best thing for me to do was portion control and healthier options.

Now -- i just want to let you know that from Mid-February to about the end of March, i hardly did SHIT. I worked out like 4x, it was disgraceful. I was workin out like once a week. I fell off the wagon BIG TIME. I started my new job at the end of March, so i got super busy and realized how much energy i DIDN'T have. I was eating like shit (forgetting meals, forgetting vitamins, drinking hella coffee more than eating, etc). So for those 2 weeks, i literally regretted slowing down for those good almost 5 or 6 weeks. I was eating the same as i had been since January, with the exception of that last week in March when i got my new job. *smh* NO BUENO. I had to make a change!!!

That being said, the past 3 weeks or so have literally changed my life. Since the first week of April, i went back to eating much healthier, drinking less coffee and being more active. I'll get more into details about my workout in a future post, but for now, here's my progression.

This was me as of April 22, 2012:


Overall, i was down about 20 lbs (consider the 5-6 wk break) in a span of about 2-3 months or so. I'd say that's pretty damn good. I'm not gonna front, it's been awhile since i've seen my stomach this flat!

April 22 marked the progress i'd made from working out hardcore for about 1.5 months, to just eating a lil lighter the next 1.5 months to being more active within the past 3 weeks. It's a combination of a lot of things, but right now, i'd say whatever it is i'm doing now is definitely working! lol...

Here is me NOW, as of the 1st week of May (literally like, 5 days ago haha):


I've lost a couple more lbs, but not enough for me to say there's been a significant difference. Again, like i said, for me, it's not about numbers, it's about how i feel. And i gotta tell ya, i feel effin AMAZING. I dropped from a Size 13 to a Size 9!! I knew my body was really changing when i realized i could fit into my size 9 jeans from college. HAHA, WHAAAAT?!?!! .. DAYUM! I don't never wear jeans anymore! lmao. And guess who can fit MEDIUMS now?! hayyyyy!! *raises hand* haha .. I know that sounds crazy that i'm sitting here worrying about my size -- i firmly believe every woman should be happy in her own skin and if she's not, she's gonna have to do something about it. I did something about it!! My body is firmer, my muscles are tighter and i don't feel sluggish anymore.

I'm bringing sexy back ya'll!!

Now don't get it twisted, I have always been fairly happy with my body -- my motto is that if you feel amazing, fukk what everyone else says! I was happy when i was thicker, but it got to a point where it was getting outta hand. I'm sitting there stuffing my face for no reason, only to see more rolls the next day. NOT OK! lol. I just wasn't feelin good anymore so i made a change for myself. A lot of health conditions run in my family and when my mom got sick this winter, it really changed the game for me. I realized i had to make a change before i'm 30 or regret it for the rest of my life! lol. So glad i got my ass up and did something because i seriously couldn't be happier.

Stay Thick!
xoxo, Thick Chick

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Get it girl! So happy for you!

Stephanie said...

Damn girl u look great!! Congrats on getting back on track and making that change in ur lifestyle :)

Anonymous said...

I'm super inspired right now :)
You look great!

dvy said...

Hello! I found your blog through your beauty channel. Although I haven't subscribed yet (I will now!) I must confess that I try not to miss any of your videos. May I say that you are truly the most inspiring (and funny) beauty guru out there and I love how you just keep it REAL.

You really inspire me and your videos always make me smile and...just be confident about myself. Thank you so much, you truly are a gem!

Ekau ay maganda at ka aya aya. Salamat salahat nang inpormacion!

:)

Tanisha said...

Go girl!!! You look soo good!!! :)

Post a Comment